Candela GentleLASE Laser Hair Removal
What is Candela GentleMax Pro?
The Candela GentleMax Pro is a game changer in the field of high-speed laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation. Its dual wavelength allows practitioners to treat a multitude of skin concerns with no downtime. The system combines the power of 755 nm Alexandrite laser with 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser to provide a safe, comfortable, quick, and effective cosmetic solution to a wide array of skin conditions with a single beam of laser light.
How Candela GentleMax Pro Works?
The Candela GentleMax Pro’s laser beam passes through the deeper layer of the skin and is absorbed in the hair follicle. This in turn produces an adequate amount of heat energy and destroys the hair follicle, resulting in permanent hair removal. For skin rejuvenation treatments, the Candela GentleMax Pro’s laser energy stimulates the production of collagen, resulting in skin cell renewal. This process replaces old skin cells with new, healthy skin cells, resulting in healthier, radiant, and younger-looking skin.
What Conditions can Candela GentleMax Pro Treat?
Candela GentleMax Pro’s dual wavelength allows practitioners to treat a myriad of indications such as the following
Is Candela GentleMax Pro Safe?
The treatment is safe and effective for all skin types. This is because Candela GentleMax Pro’s patented Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD) technology allows it to deliver consistent bursts of protective cryogen (a substance that produces very low temperature) while preventing thermal damage in the treatment area. In addition, its Air Cooling Compatible (ACC) technology improves patient comfort by directing cold air into the area.
What Happens during a Candela GentleMax Pro Treatment?
Candela GentleMax Pro will first emit a pulse of cooling spray in the treatment area to protect it against burn and improve comfort. A pulse of laser light will then be emitted in order to target hair follicles or stimulate skin cell renewal. A tolerable stinging sensation is normal and is a desired clinical outcome as the therapeutic heat is being absorbed by the skin tissue. The treatment can take 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the existing skin condition, treated area, and desired cosmetic goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What conditions are treated with the laser?
Traditional hair removal techniques, such as shaving, plucking, waxing and depilatory creams provide only temporary relief. The GentleLASE 755 safely removes unwanted body hair without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin. Facial and bikini areas are usually completed in under ten minutes; legs, backs and larger areas can take longer.
What does the treatment include?
Depending on the amount of hair treated, the procedure varies from patient to patient. Generally, the treatment will include:
- Wearing safety eyewear to protect the practitioner and patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- A handpiece, with a sterilized distance guage attached to the end, will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse.
- A test area will be done prior to the entire treatment. Your full treatment may be done on the same day or up to two weeks later, depending on the skin reaction.
- Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device. The degree of discomfort varies with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. A topical anesthesic may also be requested based on individual preferences or tolerances. Be sure to discuss this with your practitioner in advance of the laser treatment.
- The procedure can take as little as 10 minutes or up to an hour, depending on the area treatment.
- The treated area may become pink or red within 30 minutes of treatment; this may last from a few hours to several days and is relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels.
What precautions should be taken before and after treatment?
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment or until your practitioner allows it.
- You must not pluck, wax or take out hair in any way. The hair must be present in the follicle to treat. If you have had a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
- If you have a dark skin type, a bleaching cream may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment to optimize results.
- You should discuss your desired results and the improvements you expect to achieve with your practitioner. Together you can decide if your expectations will be met and if this laser treatment is the best option.
How many treatments will I need?
Hair grows in cycles. The number of treatments required depends upon your skin color and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 4 to 6 treatments, as the process is only effective on hair during the growth cycle. Repeat sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.