Candela GentleLASE Laser Hair Removal treatment
The GentleLASE 755 is a revolutionary long-pulse high energy alexandrite laser that emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle, where it is absorbed. Thus, laser energy is transformed into heat which destroys the hair follicle while leaving the surrounding skin unaffected.
Your skin is further protected during treatment by a Dynamic Cooling Device™ that sprays cryogen onto the skin which cools the upper layers of the skin while providing patients with increased comfort. This is how the GentleLASE 755 selectivity helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
Contact Senza Pelo today to schedule your appointment!
Frequently Asked Questions
What conditions are treated with the laser?
Traditional hair removal techniques, such as shaving, plucking, waxing and depilatory creams provide only temporary relief. The GentleLASE 755 safely removes unwanted body hair without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin. Facial and bikini areas are usually completed in under ten minutes; legs, backs and larger areas can take longer.
What does the treatment include?
Depending on the amount of hair treated, the procedure varies from patient to patient. Generally, the treatment will include:
- Wearing safety eyewear to protect the practitioner and patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- A handpiece, with a sterilized distance guage attached to the end, will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse.
- A test area will be done prior to the entire treatment. Your full treatment may be done on the same day or up to two weeks later, depending on the skin reaction.
- Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device. The degree of discomfort varies with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. A topical anesthesic may also be requested based on individual preferences or tolerances. Be sure to discuss this with your practitioner in advance of the laser treatment.
- The procedure can take as little as 10 minutes or up to an hour, depending on the area treatment.
- The treated area may become pink or red within 30 minutes of treatment; this may last from a few hours to several days and is relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels.
What precautions should be taken before and after treatment?
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment or until your practitioner allows it.
- You must not pluck, wax or take out hair in any way. The hair must be present in the follicle to treat. If you have had a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
- If you have a dark skin type, a bleaching cream may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment to optimize results.
- You should discuss your desired results and the improvements you expect to achieve with your practitioner. Together you can decide if your expectations will be met and if this laser treatment is the best option.
How many treatments will I need?
Hair grows in cycles. The number of treatments required depends upon your skin color and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 4 to 6 treatments, as the process is only effective on hair during the growth cycle. Repeat sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.